Why Start Martial Arts?
Benny "The Jet" Biography
- 9 / 15 / 1999 The Martial Arts History Museum is founded in Los AngelesThe Martial Arts History Museum is founded in Los Angeles by kung-fu master Michael Matsuda as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Its mission is to promote an understanding and appreciation of Asian forms of martial arts and their impact on American history. The museum explores the art, culture, music and traditions and is the first of its kind to examine all forms of Asian martial arts. The museum is structured as a timeline tracing the arts back to their Asian roots to examine each dynasty, each countrys internal wars and how the arts were first created. From the uniqueness of the samurai to the role of the Shaolin Temple, the museum follows the spread of the martial arts from Asia to America. The Martial Arts History Museum began as a portable exhibit posted at numerous conventions, shows and Asian museums, traveling across the country from San Diego to New Jersey. Now in its permanent location in Burbank, California, the museum is an interactive facility continually hosting a variety of events including samurai sword seminars; Chinese lion dancing; Japanese language classes; stuntfighting shows; theatrical dramas; Asian film festivals; sushi courses; anime marathons; and Asian conventions. The museum is designed to be the home of the martial arts worldwide, where corporations and individuals can gather to host movie premieres, book signings and special announcements. The museum features over 500 revolving items on display, including a variety of rare, vintage photographs; unique styles of Asian weaponry; cultural wardrobes; actual uniforms worn by martial arts icons; film props; and a variety of movie memorabilia.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Action Martial Arts 2015 (NY USA)
what are you looking for?
- Schools Search for martial art schools.
- instructors martial art instructors
- directory anything you are looking for is here
- Videos great footage of training and styles
- Photos your favorite martial art images
- Who is Who the best of the best and the legends
- Styles everything about your martial art style
- Events looking for an event in your area
- Contact Us have a question or a suggestion?
New Photos Added
New Videos Added
Kris Kademian proud Recipient of the 2014 Martial Arts Museum Honor Award
TJ Storm proud Recipient of the 2014 Martial Arts Museum Honor Award
Steve Smith proud Recipient of the 2014 Martial Arts Museum Honor Award
Sensei Ash Ladjevardi the proud Receipiant of the 2014 Martial Arts Museum Honor Award
Sensei Benny teaching weaving drills using the rope
Rickson Gracie Teaches Self Defense
Pete Cunningham on set up for your kickboxing techniques at Team Karate Centers
2014 BBC Run with Sensei Benny and Sensei Sara Urquidez
last 7 days
New Martial Arts Schools: 4
Updates to current schools: 15
New Instructors: 24
Updates to current Instructors: 44
New Photos: 2
New Videos: 0
Want to know more stats like "how many schools" in which country, states, etc.?view all statistics here
We love the martial arts. We love it like we love our children, our freedom, our history. We love the martial arts as much as we love to train, as much as we love the rush of the right technique at exactly the right moment, as much as we love the thrill of a good contest.
At MartialInfo.com we are committed to the entire "village" that is the world of martial arts. We are here for the fighter, the fan, the teacher, the coach, the parents, the traditionalist, the eclectic practitioner, the expert, the novice, the filmmaker, the actor, the celebrity, and the unknown master. We celebrate the diversity of our histories, of our people, of everything that is the best - of - the-best of what we do - and what we are capable of.
We believe that there is something to the study of the martial arts, something beyond the technique, beyond what takes place in the ring - something magical and interesting and important. We respect all methods, and all of the men and women on their own paths, from all the countries, from all the schools, passing down what it is they have learned or are in the process of learning.
We really love the martial arts and this site is dedicated to martial artists everywhere. We think that the martial arts world makes THE WORLD a better, safer, and more interesting place to be. We hope that we are a part of the village that helps you be a better martial artist - and as a result, a better human being."